Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wandering around stony brook



I have been busy for past week or so doing some random wandering around people. One of those wandering took me to "Gargiulose", a famous Italian bakery place right by the St. James train station. I love going to bakery stores, especially the smell and the variety of colors always fascinate me. They had a very good collection of baked stuff and at least from the look of it they were delicious. Anyways, I ended up having apple strudel, a generous treat by my friend D. It was okie and I have had better strudel in past. May be it was just that piece or may be it was just that one dish and I shouldn't be basing my opinion only on one that strudel. Anyways its for people to go and decide for themselves.

Another of those wandering was on bike around Stony Brook village on a beautiful bright sunny day. Sitting in front of the lake under the tree shades with warm breeze and a huge cup of melting butter pecan ice cream was simply peaceful. Flipped through pages of "the book". There were many other family and couples enjoying nice sunny weather. One old couple were having lunch and they had gotten entire dinner set and even a flower pot, the one that we keep on the dining table. It was nice and at the same time hilarious.  
 The day ended with nice chicken pasta with rosemary and white wine.






No comments:

Post a Comment