Saturday, April 2, 2011

This is for the dreamer!!!!


Let me take you back to days when I was a kid, when every cricketing moment brought vibrant emotions...when finding india on the losing side brought nothing but tears....it was during 1992 world cup when I pretended to be sick so that i could stay back and watch Ind Aus match....sa match which got me into tears...an almost win became a loss by one run...was such a heart break for a me....those were the days when I was in muzaffarpur and we used to have frequent power cuts......it was summer so we used to sleep on the roof of the house under the naked sky.....me and my dad used to talk about random stuff till we went off to sleep....That day my dad knew I was quite upset with the loss...he told me the story of 1983 world cup....in the final when Viv Richard was hitting boundaries, indian victory looked impossible....my dad, he was in college that time, in despair turned off the radio and went off to sleep....later that day india did the impossible ..won the cup and wat woke my dad was implorable noise around the campus and he regrets till today that he couldnt stay up to witness the victory....only coz he gave up hope so easily....and that what he told me that night to keep hope and one day it will happen..........

But clinging on to that hope I carried on to next world cup....and I stayed through the entire semifinal with hope...but what I saw was tears....what a debacle......so disppointing...I was till then still an insane fan who blamed players for everything....now that I look back it all sounds so unreasonable......

then came forgettable 1999 world cup.......and 2003....what a year for Indian cricket.. rise of Ganguly and a new team...( what Dhoni has today is what was given to him by ganguly...the same applies to ponting who got the talent from steave waugh..)......anyways it was a wonderful world cup but not so convinving ..it still lacked the killer instinct.....which went to hell in 2007....

and during these years I developed sanity and become a lover cricketer than lover of victory.....so this world cup was patient wait with hope...and who could have imagined after the loss of first two wickets that we would win.......but we did and the first thing I did was call my dad...emotions were running so high..

I am gonna leave you with not the picture of victory but the picture of respect and humility you earn with victory

I am off to booze and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment