Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Visit to Montauk and Nashville

Its been almost a month since I last posted. There's lots of things that happened in the meantime. My friends came down to Stony brook and we went for a little stint to Southampton and Montauk. It was a wonderful drive to Montauk through Hamptons. We stopped by at Cooper's Beach in southamptons to take a dip at the best beach in NY. Spent there quite a few hours before we headed to the tip of Long Island called Montauk light house. The drive as I mentioned before was really serene and adventurous. The view of the endless ocean from the light house was gorgeous to say the least. We walked around the light house in the dense foggy weather. It was a bit chilly so if you are going there please don't forget to carry warm clothes.

The next stop was Nashville. My friends have been asking me for a long time to visit Nashville. And now that I am doing nothing, i thought I wouldn't get a better chance than this. So I packed my bag with bare minimum and headed to Nashville for a week. So my flight was at 6 in the morning from LGA. So I had to take the last train (11:32 pm) from Stony brook. I was a bit scared of going through queens at that time of night in bus and subway. To my surprise it wasn't that bad at all. At around 2 in the morning, waiting at the Astoria Blvd for M60 was like waiting at any other time of the day. The place was bustling with people and traffic. Anyways, the flight was peaceful and a bit tiring as I hadn't slept properly. That day we just stayed at home and caught up with missing time and lack of sleep. Next day we went for a drive-in movie and watched Green Lantern and Hangover II. This was my first experience ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it, not the movie but the atmosphere. Next day was a going away party for Aroop so another lazy day with friends and poker. The day went by cooking pizza bites with pineapples, hotdogs and cheese and cards.

Sunday was the day to have some taste of southern food and we rightfully reached famous cafe called "Loveless Cafe". A motel back in 1960s which is now converted to a cafe which serves authentic southern food and it is especially famous for the biscuits. I ended up having Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fried green tomatoes and pickled onions and cucumber. To tell you the truth this was the best fried chicken ever. It was juicy and you could taste the chicken with little bit of smokey flavor. It was just delicious. We were in food coma by the time we finished with our food and our body needed a nap. The evening was spent at famous Grand Ole Opry, famous concert hall and the hotel. The hotel has different islands which is more like gardens with  various fountains. It was just awesome experience to visit the park with so much of lights. Fascinating to say the least. The next couple of days went by wandering around the Nashville downtown making stops at one of those famous "Honky Tonky" bars. In short it was an awesome trip and how that week went passed didn't even realize a bit. Pictures on the right.

Now I am back in the stony brook which sucks like hell. There's nothing to do and now I have started to feel so useless, especially when you have people around you all busy with their shit. I can't even try different things like cooking and all coz of shallow pocket. Lets see how long do I have to wait before I get my employment authorization card. The flip side of it is that I am gonna miss this free time when I start working. Nobody is happy at any time.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment