Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bea(it)ches and water

It was another of those stint with friends. A drove to stony brook to have get his dose of good ole long island. Evening spent drinking, smoking and catching up with tits and bits. Oh yeah and we accompanied D to see the last of harry potter. It was tough to follow what was going on but was filed in by A and D that Harry is trying to kill the "Villain" whose life is hidden in different objects. I have never followed harry potter even though the world was going berserk. May that was the reason why I never felt the interest. If I remember correctly, D was successful enough to drag me for a previous Harry potter movie too. But to her or for that matter my surprise I slept through most of the movie. First time ever in my life. Well you can imagine how much of a fan I am. Anyways the special effects were great. A was watching it for the third time. Kudos to him.

Evening at portjeff

Next day we drove to Greenport (another tip of LI) and took ferry to get to Shelter Island beach. It was kind of cloudy and a bit colder than usual. Not a great time to visit beach for a dip. Surprisingly, water wasn't too cold. In past six years of living in US and 4-5 visits to beaches, this was the first time I actually took a dip in water. It was scary, cold but at the same time a lot of fun too. Oh by the way did I forgot to mention that we spent freaking 40 bucks on a beer and two gin-tonic. It was a big rip-off. SO a sane advice please avoid any drinks/food by the bea(it)ch.



We spent couple of hours in water and rightly so decided to return back as it started to rain by then. We stopped on our way back at Mason Ole to have mexican food, A's favorite. Alas we were deeply disappointed with food except Bean soup. However we had a good laughter due to the following picture..."look at the hand".


Other than the disastrous food, the trip was awesome.

Few more random pictures:
I don't know what they were thinking when they named this dorm.
D with Rascal: he is having time of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment