Thursday, March 15, 2012

Subtle Anger

Aaah...a lazy afternoon..I wish there were ugly midgets dressed in gaudy clothes doing a Mithun dance steps on Bappi Da's music...probably the horrors of the sight would have made me move to lab and work...however I can only wish and there are no midgets.

Random thoughts have kept me occupied, just like a fish who is busy deciding whether to stop or keep eating. So the correlation is food and food for thought...aah what a misery!!! Am i even making any sense???? Anyways who cares. My brother is having his board exams and it seems like along with him entire family is taking exams. Worried about his exams, how will he do and what's in store. Come to think of the kids facing the enormous pressure, I feel extremely blessed to grow up in a time when these exams and numbers were not this much of a big deal. Now even if you get 100 % you aren't sure whether you are gonna get what you aspired for. What a shame and what a ridiculous environment to grow your kids where at every moment they are expected to do things which will keep them in race rather to do what will make them happy. This is what we want for our kids; to become a part of herd ? No individuality no love and passion for anything but grades? I am simply  amazed by the account of kids committing suicides and feeling depressed and feared at the thought of failure. I thought people learn more from mistakes than from doing it correctly. My brother didnt do too well in his last exam and its nothing but obvious that he was very depressed. Its okie to be sad but what angered me the most was when he asked me if he will be able to get admission in a decent college. At such a young age for someone to feel this much pressure is inhuman to say the least. Some would say that this would make them stronger but at what cost! Are we willing to make their every step miserable just so that they can be stronger? Absolutely nonsensical argument ! its easy for us to say all this. Life is about living it without  fear of any kind and after all its their life and we don't have any say in how they want to live it. Let them fall, make mistakes, realize the importance of success in their own way and I am sure they will appreciate life more. Don't make them live your life rather let them live theri own life and we should be there to guide them when its needed. Balance and freedom are important and they should be accepted and appreciated by everyone of us.

I hope time changes!

Subtle anger has subsided for the time being!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment