Friday, May 20, 2011

BBQ, Bowling and questions that I hate to answer....

First thing first, I have been revisiting/exploring music and have built a small playlist which is growing with the day. See the right side of the blog to listen to the playlist.

Couple of days back , friends from lab and I had  barbecue which we had planned for a long time. Even though the weather wasn't that great, with shades of cloud and drizzle, it worked out fine with lots of fun and smoky flavored food. Surely, the grilling was followed by rounds of card games. We generally like to play stupid card games which doesn't require too much brain and at the same time has that fun quotient. And hence we chose to play "stupid", an aptly named card game. Anyways, the walk back home was extremely tiring.
        Next day, I had a chance to accompany my friend's parents for bowling. It was my second time bowling and was equally embarrassing to throw the ball out of the alley halfway down the track. Anyways who cares about being good or embarrassing, as long as its fun and interesting. Again, walk back home was tiring.
        Since my defense, I have been asked two questions most frequently by everybody around me.
            1. How do you feel? Aren't you excited to finish PhD?
            2. What's the plan for future?
In the beginning it was OK to answer the question. but now it has started to get into my nerves. If you want to annoy me then there couldn't be any better way but to ask me one of these questions. I don't blame people for asking me this question. I mean it's a very concerning query and moreover it gives people to hold some conversation. However, what beats my logic is that some people asking me the same question within the interval of few days. As in, am I supposed to suddenly develop some kind of excitement or a plan, even though I have already conveyed my thought about taking some time off. To tell you the truth, I also used to think that after finishing defense, level of excitement will be skyrocketing. But in reality, there was a bit of excitement for those first few hours which sort of dissolved with time. A lot of people won't believe a word of it when I say this but I am sure when they will be in my situation they will have a better understanding.

Anyways enough of ranting. I am planning to visit city this sunday. It is expected to be sunny and warm. so hopefully it will be a good day to walk around in central park at the same time give my camera some air.


No comments:

Post a Comment