Friday, May 13, 2011

Bits of gibberish and bits of Pulp!

Ni Hao!

This is some of the gibberish that I have been up to in last few days or so. From my past experience, learning gibberish wasn't something that came easily to me. However, now that there's plenty of time to kill, I thought it would be an interesting experience to give it another try. When people are learning new gibberish, its very important to practice it with people around you. It just makes it easier to learn/remember. Considering that I have plenty of chinese friends around, I thought of starting with tit-bits of Mandarin.  I have been picking up bits of greetings, counting and how to say hello in Mandarin and its been a lot of fun. Lately, I have watched number of Japanese animations, mostly Mayazaki's masterpiece (courtesy my friend Penn, visit his blog to know all about the Japanese animations). These movies have surely helped me a lot in picking tit bits of Japanese lingoes like, Kotaimas, Oyasumi etc. I have realized that learning gibberish is very scientific and least to say very methodical as well.

Yesterday got a chance to revisit QT's one of the best additions till date, "Pulp Fiction". As part of the project to watch/revisit some interesting movies, Pulp Fiction was the first name that came into my head. A guy who forayed into movies with "Reservoir Dogs", had a tough act to follow. An independent movie which later became cult classic after the successful premier at Cannes Film Festival. Its human psychology to expect beyond limits from the best and when the best doesn't deliver they get trashed like hell. QT came with a movie that outclassed the "Dogs". A sensational script with intriguing characters under some unbelievable circumstances with a cast like SM Jackson, Christopher Walken, Travolta, Uma Thurman and Travolta. Every bits and pieces of the movie keeps you on the edge and guessing "whats the next crazy thing gonna come on the screen". The dialogues of the movie, especially "The Watch" scene with CW, is an absolute treat for people who like cinema with words and intensity. SM and Travolta's opening sequence and the whole conversation regarding the "foot massage" was freaking hilarious and quirky at the same time. But the jem of the scene is saved for the end, when Tim and SM gets into the conversation about who is who in terms of being righteous man, shepherd and evil. Its highly profound and it surely made me think a lot. By the way did I mention that the soundtrack of the movie was equally bad ass, suiting aptly the style and quirkiness of the movie. I loved the dancing sequence between Vincent and Mia-"Surely the best twisters". QT has always been one of my favorite writer and I am glad with time he hasn't lost his touch, giving us some of the finest piece of writing.

Here's the excerpt of the conversation between Captain Koons and Buch:

Captain Koons: The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you. 

Tonight I am gonna try my hand at "Cabbage Pizza". lets see how it goes.

Wan an!!

No comments:

Post a Comment